When I am looking to pick up a burrito and I am in a rush, Chipotle is my first choice. Second on my list is Freebirds and then Qdoba Mexican Grill. Guacamole is easy enough to make anyway, but it was a nice surprise to see the Chipotle let the world have their recipe.
According to the Chipotle website, this is what you need:
- 2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
And here is what to do:
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
- Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with lime juice.
- Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
You can check out the Chipotle website here.